Saturday, August 6, 2011

The End of Our First Week!

Dear family and friends,

    It is hard to believe that we arrived one week ago today.  It has been a week of new things and change, in everything we do.  For instance for several days now I have needed to wash some clothes, as our shipment of five boxes have not yet arrived.  But for the life of me, I could not figure out how to operate the small washing machine that is in the third bathroom, right next to the commode, of all places!!!  Honestly, for two days I could not figure out how to put the clothes in the machine.  I could see no way of opening it up!  I ran my hands up and down the sides of the machine, along the bottom, and tried liftng the top, looking for any hint of opening, but to no avail!  The second day I tried again staring at the words and buttons, pushing anything I could, but still no results!

    This morning I was starting to get desperate, but decided that I would ask Elder and Sister Hall  for help when they came by this morning.  So out of frustration I gave it one more tug on the top......and a miracle occured!   The top of that little ole machine just lifted right up, and I stared down into the machine and saw an enclosed round metal drum!    It was like a vault, and now I had to figure out how to open that!!!

    Well, the end of the story is, that with Sister Hall's translation of the meaning of the buttons, I was finally able to wash our clothes..........and now I must say.......that hanging proudly over my bathtub, on strings of long blue cords, is a complete choir of "white angels", singing praises of thanksgiving, that the wash is finally done, and proclaiming in one voice......."Clean at last...clean at last...thank goodness we are clean at last"!!!!!!   It goes without saying, that a dryer will be at the top of my shopping list, but I think it will have to go in the kitchen!  Ha ha!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are blogging about your adventures. Today we drove by Friars Ct. and Zorig Reminded me that you moved last week. I also let him know that I bought him a world map and his first response was "great, now I can see where the Peterson's moved."

    Until the next blogging. :)
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete