Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Great Day in BB

     The great news is..........that while on a early morning walk yesterday, David came home with the exciting news that he had found me a GYM!!!  Hooray!  He took me promptly back to his discovery, walking on cobbled stone sidewalks about three blocks away.  They have only been open one year, and some pieces of equipment I had never seen before.  I am on a ten day pass, but will join for the year at $20 per month.  I feel so fortunate that it is within walking distance for me. 

      It is interesting that it does not get dark here until almost 10 p.m.  Consequently we have had some late dinners because at 6:00 it seems so early to start dinner. 

      Today, Wednesday, it pretty much rained all day.  Two of the Sisters that you saw on our right side in the photo, came over to help us with some computer issues, and then we all four ventured out in the rain on the metro train, to an office where we were required to register our residency within eight days of our arrival.  We also were able to pay about eight dollars each for a year of travel on the public transportation anywhere in Belgium.  This is a special perk for being a "senior", otherwise that same pass would have been $1,000! 
      
     We love you all and already miss you!!
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I love it mom! So glad you found a gym! You'll have many new friends before you know it. Do they have something similar to the body pump or boot camp class? I know you've been missing those.

    xoxo
    Ash

    ReplyDelete